Color, fluidity, light. These three elements combined together make any creation in Murano glass a truly impressive ornament and one of the Foundation’s biggest attractions.
Chiara and Francesco Carraro began collecting Venetian glass at the start of the 1980s upon suggestion from Philippe Daverio. The Carraro Foundation features over eighty world masterpieces done between 1910 and 1960, the heyday of Murano glass. These marvels by Barovier, Bianconi, Buzzi, Martinuzzi, Scarpa, and Venini, the most acclaimed designers and masters of Murano glass are displayed in two rooms of the Ca’ Pesaro Museum.